Thursday, June 2, 2016

“Memorial Day”


What is Memorial Day?

R: Memorial day is the day where we honor the fallen American soldiers that went into to battle and died for what they thought what was right, it originated after the American Civil War, were there were two combatants the confederates and the Union, both fought for one thing and that is Slavery

Origin: The confederates fought to keep Slavery while the Union Fought to remove all of Slavery in the U.S, it started  during April 12, 1861 – May 9, 1865, but let’s not forget that Memorial Day is the day that we give our thanks to those who gave up their lives to keep this country safe from Harms way (U.S.A)

What are some ways that we can show honor and respect on Memorial Day

R: It’s hard to say but if my opinion and my way of doing it, from the start I always wanted to join the Marine Corps and wanted to serve my country because they had taught me knowledge about the world in return I will dedicate myself to join the Military like my father before me.     


What are a few things you will do on Memorial gay to Honor and Respect.

R: Like Any other day My dad throws a big BBQ at home and invites everyone in my family, the best thing about it is that I feel like a true patriot to my country and knowing that I will serve my country one day, that’s the best part of the hole day, I will just have to wait when I get older to join the Military.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment